Friday, February 12, 2010

Is John McCain a true war hero - and why or why not?

any man that suffered and sacrificed like he did is a HERO in any book..





edit: if you don't like the answers quit asking the fuching questionsIs John McCain a true war hero - and why or why not?
Well, I think that anyone that serves is a hero. I don't want to get into the motivation of someone like Kerry who wanted to be like JFK or McCain who's dad was an admiral.





I guess what I don't get about McCain is what is exceptional about getting a multi-million dollar plane destroyed, being seriously injured in the crash, getting captured, tortured and forced to participate in propaganda.





What really distrubs me is his grand standing on the torturing of prisoners issues. It is clear from his experience he understands that our enemies have no concern for the Geneva conventions or have no inhibition about performing torture for no purpose other than their own amusement. So his stance on torture seems to be self serving and appears to be only a platform for him to remind us he was a prisoner and was tortured.Is John McCain a true war hero - and why or why not?
i'm not voting for him, but fighting in the war makes you a war hero in my book.





going into war is easier said than done. if a parent raises their kid to be everything they can be, then they are to referred to as heroes all the time. if a person goes to war to defend my ideals as well as that of 100 million others, he is a hero. i bet he is doing more than you sitting at your computer trashing people who go out and defend you.





i hate war, and i really hate the iraq war since it is fought for companies like haliburton, but they are putting their most precious possession out there to defend us, their lives.
The only thing I know about him is that he was captured and held captive for several years. I know he was a fighter pilot and saw action so I suppose that qualifies him as a war hero but being a war hero doesn't necessarily mean he would be a good president. It's more than a popularity contest. We are not voting for the best war hero we are voting for the best presidential candidate.
How can you even question this???





He got the PURPLE HEART.





He was being tortured for a long time and they said that they'd let him go when they found out his dad was an Admiral/General (can't remember which). But, he said that he wasn't going to go unless they let the other US troops go. So, he stayed for like another 3+ years!!!
If I was tortured so severely I now can't raise my arms above my head, held in solitary confinement for several of the five years I was a POW to a communist regime, and fed around 1000 calories a day, would you call me a war hero?
OF COURSE HE IS


JUST GOOGLE HIM TO SEE THE SACRIFICES HE MADE. PLEASE DON'T BELITTLE HIS SERVICE FOR POLITICAL REASONS. I DON'T LIKE EVERYTHING HE STANDS FOR, BUT I WON'T QUESTION HIS SACRIFICE. LOOK AT HIS PLATFORM, AND USE THAT TO DECIDE WHETHER OR NOT YOU VOTE FOR HIM!
My grandfather knew Kerry and what does he have to say about him?


Kerry is a pussy who had some lame accuse to leave combat because he got scared.





F U! And Semper Fidelis Marines.
No he sold out. He was considered a war hero because he was tortured. Then he gave Bush the OK to waterboard people. Hypocrites can't be war heroes they can only be pathetic.
McCain has more Hero in his pinkie finger





then obama could ever have
shame on ya'll for talking trash on mc cain- I honor our troops and our veterns and our fallen heros -- POW / MIA-- Kerry on the other hand should be shot as a traitior!! America home of the free because of the brave!!!
He's a hero to his country,,,,,,,


And a traitor to his party.
Yes, because he went to Vietnam, and suffered as a POW in thier camps.

No comments:

Post a Comment