Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What makes a true hero?

I think a true hero is a person who is brave, truthful, kind and probably too modest to even acknowledge they have these qualities that shine from them. I think a true hero is someone who is inspirational.


Do you have someone like that who you look up to, or admire?


Or is it someone you know, someone you love?


I'd like to know.


And have you told them how wonderful they truly are? Do they even know themselves?What makes a true hero?
I think pretty much the same as u. A hero is someone who doesn't realise their true worth and totally casts off any attempts u make to tell them how wonderful they are. They are totally selfless and, a lot of the time, they actually do things surreptitiously so u don't notice and therefore they don't afta face any thank you's. I'm one of the luckiest people on the planet because the person i have just described is both my mum and my dad. Hope i turn out half as good a person as they both are.What makes a true hero?
I konw i am, and hope they know it too. Am sure ur a great parent. With the ideals u have in ur mindset i'm certain u will be doing a great job. Take care

Report Abuse



Winston Churchill was a hero..he inspired many and was a true patriot.....
he's got to be larger than life.
My heroes are Bobby Moore and Bruce Lee. They're both dead but they were amazing people in my book.
The answer lies in an unmarked grave in a war cemertary.


But the people who inspire me are the countless masses that do really nasty thankless jobs.


And i don't mean firemen, cops or f....g pop stars.
a hero is someone who is completely self-less!


my dad is my hero. he's amazing (and he makes really good hamburgers =D)
A true hero is one who is willing to sacrifice everything...


I look up to Jesus Christ!!!
My true heroes are the police officers, fire fighters and soldiers who go out knowing they may never come back and then perish in their duties.


It is up to those of us who were lucky enough to make it to our retirement to remember them and the deeds they did to inspire us.


They all gave up their todays for our tomorrows. And that is pretty profound in my book.
I would say someone is a hero if they risked their lives for others. A hero is someone who has saved someone from something by either sacrificing them self or sacrificing something they own. I think someone looks up to a hero because they really should. If there were so many hero's life would be better for most of us. I have had my own hero's who came and went. They were hero's and i loved them, but they did something to change all that. I have told my ex, my only ex and my only special person that he is a fantastic guy who knows his self and knows what he is about and i have told him so many times that he is so wonderful. I guess i have one hero left.. That's him i guess..
A hero is someone that would above and beyond to help someone. We seem to hand out the word HERO to easily these days. Not someone whose job it is to help someone. My grandfather saved 3 peoples lives in his life. He is a true hero. A small plane crashed in a lake when he was young and without thinking he swam out and saved 2 unconscious people. He could have stayed on shore like many other people did. He was also in pearl harbor during WWII. He lost his leg on the USS Nevada and still managed to save the life of one of the other crew members. He could have just thought to save himself and get out. By the way, he never spoke of either of these events. I found them in newspaper clippings that were in a box with his old military discharge papers.





Since I found this info I base a HERO rating on his selflessness.
Have you heard/read about the Rev Chad Varah?


Chad founded the Samaritans just over 50 years ago. That organisation has helped thousands of would-be suicides back from the brink. It has provided a non-judgemental ear to anyone in distress.


Chad was an inspirational, modest and mould-breaking cleric. A true hero in my book.


If anyone tried to praise or laud him he gave them very short shrift in very fruity language.


At a Samaritan conference in Manchester he interrupted another cleric who said from the platform that suicide was a 'mortal sin' (suicide - mortal: tautology or what!) with a resonant yell of Bollocks.
honest open and fearless,,
a hero is some1 who leave the world a better place than they found ... or something like that
Balls!
i would say a true hero is someone who has risked their life to save another. Someone how has used their initiative and haven't taken a seconds thought of the risk they are taking.
i think everyone in the rescue services...and our armies are the real hero's
  • online loan
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment